I have issues withmy ankle. it pops everytime I walk. I move it slighty wrong and it sprains. could that be serious. or is it in my head?

Dr. Michael Magoline
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Tendon instability

If you are truly having a great deal of pain when this happens, this may be the result of the tendons in the back of the ankle (usually on the outside of the ankle) moving abnormally and sliding against the outside bone in your ankle (the fibula) abnormally.
These tendons are called the peroneal tendons. This problem sometimes needs to be corrected surgically and should be evaluated by a doctor.

In brief: Tendon instability

Dr. Michael Magoline
Dr. Michael Magoline
Dr. Seth Steber
Podiatry

In brief: Serious

This is serious.
The ankle should not "Pop" under normal circumstances. See a foot and ankle specialist and get evaluated. Possibly an ankle arthroscopy is indicated to clean out the joint.

In brief: Serious

This is serious.
Dr. Seth Steber
Dr. Seth Steber
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine