I am 40 wks. Dr wants to induce @41 wks. I don't! She suggests stripping membranes &claims no risks. But I am concerned about infxn. Is it safe?

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau

In brief: Stripping Membranes

this is done during routine vaginal examine and involves inserting examining fingers through the open cervix and gently moving the amnionic membranes from the sides of the uterus.
The hope is that this will stimulate labor. It is not rupturing the bag of waters, it is associated with very low risk to mother and baby. Since there is no rupture of membranes, risk of infection is not increased.

In brief: Stripping Membranes

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine

If your dates are correct, going past 41 weeks is dangerous for your baby.
Prostin is another method to encourage labor. She is doing what's right. All the best and hopefully labour will start on its own.

Dr. Katharine Cox
Dr. Katharine Cox
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham