What is a highly recommended OTC treatment for lice? I have tried several ones and the results were not successful.

Dr. Kevin Windisch

In brief: Most don't work well

Most otc treatments don't work very well.
Ovide, available by prescription usually gets rid of them in one treatment. See your physician if you want them gone.

In brief: Most don't work well

Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch

In brief: Combined Rx

A common problem of many treatments is the ability of seed casings to hatch & re-establish the infestation.
Products may not penetrate the eggs. I find most otc rx will work better if followed by a thorough washout of the scalp with some vinegar.Several days may be needed. It seems to dissolve the glue holding the eggs to the hair.Prescription rx may eventually be needed if this doesn't help.

In brief: Combined Rx

Dr. Shontae Buffington