I am 30 years old and I want to have children now. Over the last 2 years I have had 3 miscarriages all in between 8 and 11 weeks. Please give advice! ?

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Recurrent Miscarriag
You have a problem called recurent pregnancy loss (rpl).
Rpl is frustrating because about 50% of couples have unexplained causes. You should get some testing. Tests can be costly and treatments are not always any better than just trying again (success is likely 70%). You need to see a fertility specialist to get a better complete explanation. Best wishes.

In brief: Recurrent Miscarriag
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Felicia Tillman
In brief: More evaluation
Please seek help with you ob/gyn for what we call a recurrent miscarriage workup.
This will include many vials of blood to check for genetic disorders that lead to repeat miscarriages. You may also want to have an hsg to evaluate you uterine cavity.

In brief: More evaluation
Dr. Felicia Tillman
Dr. Felicia Tillman
Dr. Chadwick Leo
In brief: Need Evaluation
There are many reasons why a couple would experience recurrent pregnancy loss.
Need to have a full evaluation by a physician and determine whether chromosomes are normal on both parents, to determine that the uterine cavity is normal and make sure certain blood work are also normal - like your thyroid function, and make sure there is no blood disorder - antiphospholid syndrome.

In brief: Need Evaluation
Dr. Chadwick Leo
Dr. Chadwick Leo
Dr. James Heid
In brief: Consult a physician
3 miscarriages in a row can be concerning.
You should see a physician and have some testing done.

In brief: Consult a physician
Dr. James Heid
Dr. James Heid
Dr. James Heid
Let me clarify: 20-33% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. When 3 miscarriages occur in a row, without a successful pregnancy in between, we generally suggest some testing to make sure that there is not a medical reason for the repeat miscarriages
Dr. Jonathan Jassey