Is snoring unhealthy? Turns out I snore pretty loud when I'm asleep, and I don't know what this means?

Dr. John Feola

In brief: R/O OSA

R/O OSA : Excess snoring/daytime sleepiness/apneic episodes/ aM headaches.
And the Exam obesity/small oral airway/collar size>18. The definitive test is a PSG with split night/CPAP titration. I would request copy of sleep study and get a second opinion if you are not satisfied with the options. You are young CPAP can be difficult to tolerate. ENT FOR UPP. Also allergy and sinus evaluation.

In brief: R/O OSA

Dr. John Feola
Dr. John Feola
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Sometimes

Sometimes. Mostly not.
If you do not have episodes of apnea (not breathing), are not excessively sleepy during the day, are not obese, you're probably ok.

In brief: Sometimes

Sometimes. Mostly not.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology