I have 34 days cycle and get my progesterone checked around day 21, which shows ovulation. Should I go for a blood test on day 28? Whats the differenc

Dr. Mary David

In brief: It depends

If you have a regular 34 day cycle, you should ovulate on day 20 and if the progesterone on day 21 is consistent with ovulation, the progesterone on day 28 should still be consistent with ovulation.
Testing again would only be helpful if for some reason a luteal phase defect was suspected. Talk with the doctor ordering the test about whether it needs to be repeated. Hope this helps.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham