Can I wear compression socks when I sleep? When I wake up, I can barely walk from the plantar fasciitis. Anything else I can do @ home to help myself?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Rest and Heal.

Why would you want to wear compression socks when you sleep? The time to put them on is when you arise after sleep.
Sleeping with compression hose that are not properly sized could impede venous return and potentially have an affect on your foot pain. The best thing you can do is stay off your feet and let the fascia recover. If you must walk, wear great shoes and limit your standing and walking.

In brief: Rest and Heal.

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Amogh Sahai
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Other treatments

Pain from plantar fascitis usually takes place in the medial aspect of the foot sole.
Risk factors include being overweight, calcaneal spurs, etc. Treatment should include use of ice (ideally a frozen bottle passed as a roll), nsaid, foot "night" splint to stretch fascia, use of orthotics, physical therapy, weight loss. If everything fails consider corticosteroid shot.

In brief: Other treatments

Dr. Amogh Sahai
Dr. Amogh Sahai
Dr. Jeffrey Kahn
In resistant cases EPAT or shockwave therapy or surgery can be effective.
Dr. Eric Weisman