I swear every time I put warm wet (NOT HOT) compresses, my eyelids/meibomian glands only get worse and more thick!! I'm so frustrated what do I do!!

Hot compresses. Be patient.Sometimes the problem that you are treating is so chronic that the body(eyelid problem) has so much inflammation in it that even the proper treatment can aggravate the underlying inflammation. Go a little slower for awhile or even skip 1 day and let your treatments allow the inflammation decrease on their own for 1-2 days, then resume but maybe use less pressure/rubbing (be gentle)