I swear every time i put warm wet (NOT HOT) compresses, my eyelids/meibomian glands only get worse and more thick!! Im so frustrated what do I do!!

Dr. Mark Sibley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Hot compresses

Be patient.Sometimes the problem that you are treating is so chronic that the body(eyelid problem) has so much inflammation in it that even the proper treatment can aggravate the underlying inflammation.
Go a little slower for awhile or even skip 1 day and let your treatments allow the inflammation decrease on their own for 1-2 days, then resume but maybe use less pressure/rubbing (be gentle)

In brief: Hot compresses

Dr. Mark Sibley
Dr. Mark Sibley
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine