Can ibs come in phases? Like having it for weeks, then disapeering for weeks then back again. No triggers? No food trigger, been through elimination.

Dr. Tipu Sultan
Internal Medicine - Allergy

In brief: Yes.

Fluctuation in symptoms like of IBS SYMPTOMS is a characteristic of environmental illness.
Lots of IBS HAS a cause. We treat lots of IBS. I teach my patients that when you treat the cause you can easily drop I from IBS and now you are left with...? Please visit us at www.ehacstl.com to learn more about treating the cause of illness or make an appointment contact thru healthtap.com/TIPUSULTANMD

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Tipu Sultan
Dr. Tipu Sultan
Dr. Peter Kurzweil