I am breastfeeding and am getting a UTI. I can'tsee my dr. Until Monday. I came across cystex cranberry urinary health complex liquid. Is this safe?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Cranberry juice is

The best (no high-fructose) cranberry juice is good enuf and safe till Monday! Also, lts of good plain water. I never heard of the item you name, but I know these things are likely to be sufficient! Best.

In brief: Cranberry juice is

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Hushang Haghighat
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: ER

Go to emergency to have urine test and culture and start you on antibiotic if there is evidence of UTI, you should not wait to see your doctor.

In brief: ER

Dr. Hushang Haghighat
Dr. Hushang Haghighat
Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Cranberry juice

Cranberry juice has been known to acidify the urine and minimize some urinary tract infection symptoms.
Over the counter pyridium (phenazopyridine) does the similar things and will turn your urine orange. Neither of these tow methods will eliminate the UTI so see your MD ASAP.

In brief: Cranberry juice

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Cindy Juster