Dr prescribed generic prozac (fluoxetine). 10mg. Scared of side effects. For my OCD, panic, & anxiety. Is this med safe and effective? I'm so scared to take it

Dr. Donald Gieck
Clinical Psychology

In brief: SSRIs are safe

The class of medication (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors; SSRIs) that include Prozac (fluoxetine) are safe and are first line medication for anxiety and depression.
If concerned communicate these concerns to your provider. Totally reasonable to have your provider explain why this med was chosen for you. If you experience any significant side effects communicate these as well. How this is helpful.

In brief: SSRIs are safe

Dr. Donald Gieck
Dr. Donald Gieck