I have a 2cm red/white mouth sore under the top lip and can be painful more after eating, do I need a dentist or doctor. Had it for 2 months please

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Mouth sore

You should definitely start off by seeing a dentist.
Since you gave us very little to work with, it's hard to determine the cause. It could be an infection from a tooth or gums, denture sore if you wear any removable appliance, a symptom related to a medical issue, or any number of different types of lesions. If your GD can't determine the cause\treat you, he\she may refer you to Oral Surgeon\MD

In brief: Mouth sore

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: The rule of thumb

If you have an ulcer that's increasing in size and/or it's been there for more than two weeks, see your doctor or dentist for evaluation.

In brief: The rule of thumb

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Oral surgeon

If you see your dentist, he/she will refer you to an oral surgeon.
If you see your MD, he/she will refer you to an ENT doc. I would recommend seeing an oral surgeon first. Oral surgeons see far more of these things than any other doc. Expect a biopsy to diagnose lesion.

In brief: Oral surgeon

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Andrea Brand