I am 24 and have not had a menstrual since 15. My gyn has given me birth control for the past few years to regulate it; still nothing. What's wrong?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Time for more tests?

In cases of amenorrhea or oligomenorrhea that have not been fully evaluated or treated, some primary care or gyn doctors will perform additional tests and occasionally refer patients to specialists in reproductive endocrinology.
Those are doctors who are also experts in fertility.

In brief: Time for more tests?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
2 comments
Dr. Andrew Silverman
You clearly need a work up for absence of menses.
Dr. Pam Yoder
Thanks for your input, doctor.
Dr. Steven Lindheim
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Outflow obstruction

Generally if a women does not get a period on pills it is either the hormone replacement is not enough or isn't be absorbed or referred to as cryptommenorrhea where something is preventing the period from coming out the vagina a, imperforate vagina b.
Vagonal septum.

In brief: Outflow obstruction

Vagonal septum.
Dr. Steven Lindheim
Dr. Steven Lindheim
Dr. Adam Levy