Often have small red lump on the inside of my top eyelid at the inner corner. If I've been crying or had an allergy attack it gets painful & scratchy.

See eye doctor. If you have problem with scratching at the eyes, you need to consult an eye doctor since it may damage your cornea if gone untreated. If you wear contact lenses, it may be associated with a condition known as giant papillary conjunctivitis which requires serious attention. If you do wear contact lenses, try to do without them until you get to an eye doctor.