Is Zoloft (sertraline) sedating?

Zoloft (sertraline) All drugs have effects and side effects. Typically Zoloft (sertraline) and the other SSRI's cause insomnia (do not take before bedtime), but paradoxically, they can also cause somnolence, sleepiness and a feeling of the blahs- like your emotional spectrum is narrowed. Get a good psychiatric evaluation.
Can be. A common side effect of Zoloft (sertraline) is drowsiness. Bedtime dosing may allay the problem. Be sure to discuss any side effects with your prescribing doctor. Best wishes.
Can be. It varies with the person and the dose. It is commonly somewhat sedating.
Depends. on your own makeup and interactions with other meds. Not usually, but occasionally a pt will report some drowsiness or fatigue. Check with your doc and pharmacist as their will know wht other meds you're taking.