Is broccoli good or bad for gastritis? I see there was a Japanese study that indicated it was bad and other studies that indicate it was good so I am not sure what the general consensus is.

Dr. Forrest Jones

In brief: No problem

The study you refer to dealt with chronic gastritis and stomach cancer, not acute painful gastritis.
Broccoli has super benefits. So unless you get immediate stomach discomfort whenever you eat broccoli, go right ahead and eat it. Hope that helps.

In brief: No problem

Dr. Forrest Jones
Dr. Forrest Jones
Dr. Philip Miller
I suggest avoiding any gas forming foods until you have a definitive diagnosis.
Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: Try ginger

or activated charcoal tablets: bismuth products like Pepto-Bismol and antacids like Maalox or Mylanta will give more relief than a gas forming vegetable.

In brief: Try ginger

Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Vicken Poochikian