Hi, I have beem taking 60mg prozac for severe deppression, but has stopped working after 8 years, the doctor tried remeron on top of it but t hasnt made any change , now he is stopping prozac and starting me on zoloft and still keeping me on mirtazapine

In brief: CBT ever tried?

There are a plethora of medications available for the treatment of depression.
But a question- Are you being treated by a psychiatrist for this or is it your family doctor managing all these changes and strategies? If the former then, fine, if the latter then, don't be shy to ask for another opinion. Next, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy has raised some brows lately. Could it be a good change 4 U?

In brief: CBT ever tried?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
And there are other options for intervention that are not pharmacologically based as well. But it all starts with a GOOD solid diagnosis by a qualified clinician who at times may have to think outside of the box and recognize when to cut the losses with medications in favor of other strategies.