Hello, I am having numbness (x14 days) along the medial aspect of my big toes after wearing tight shoes - i understand this is likely secondary to MPJ compression. How long does it usually take for sensory function returns to normal? Thank you!

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: A slow Return.

Difficult to come up with a figure.
More than likely the shoes damaged the nerve enough to reduce the nerve impulse conductivity. Consider the fact that wearing any shoe may influence the speed of recovery. The nerve has to obtain a minimum degree of healing before feeling even begins to come back. Kind of like taking three steps forward and one step back. Applying heat may speed the healing up.

In brief: A slow Return.

Difficult to come up with a figure.
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Jack Hinkle