How do I treat an absist?

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Abscess
An abscess is an enclosed infection usually filled with pus.
The best way to treat an abscess is usually to drain it by first injecting local anesthesia and then making an incision over the most prominent part of the abscess. In this way, the pus can drain. Several days of packing the wound may be needed to allow the contents to fully drain before the skin edges seal together again.

In brief: Abscess
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Abscess
Abscesses need to be surgically drained by a physician to avoid growth and sepsis.

In brief: Abscess
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology
In brief: ABSCESS
I assume you mean an abscess.
Where is it located? How long have you had it? Do you take any medications? An abscess is an infection! you must see a doctor for this. He/she will probably prescribe an antibiotic for it. Meantime use hot water compresses 3 or 4 times daily.

In brief: ABSCESS
I assume you mean an abscess.
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: I&D and abscess
The most common treatment for an abscess is I&D which stands for incision and drainage.
Most commonly an abscess is a collection of pus that originates from infection but not always ("sterile abscess"). Treating with antibiotics is not always effective because the antibiotics may not penetrate to the center of an abscess. Evacuating the abscess allows the offending agent to be removed and drugs in.

In brief: I&D and abscess
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik