Can you drink alcohol on 2.5mg bisoprolol? I do not have high blood pressure and just take it for a fast heart rate, all tests have come back normal.

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: A safe amount

5 mg is a small dose of the beta blocker. Of course, I presume that this treatment has been prescribed for you after a normal cardiovascular evaluation by your doctor. There are no special precautions regarding alcohol for those taking this medication. However, as you know, guidelines suggest moderate drinking is the equivalent of 2 alcohol drinks per day for adult men. Good wishes:)

In brief: A safe amount

Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Alcohol

A drink but not multiple drinks would be reasonable

In brief: Alcohol

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Steven Seres