I'm on Janumet (sitagliptin and metformin) and have bronchitis. What meds can I take.

See link. http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/metformin-sitagliptin,janumet (sitagliptin and metformin).html This link offers info on medications you should not take or to be careful taking if you are on Janumet (sitagliptin and metformin). Not sure if you are referring to prescription or OTC meds. Also good idea to discuss with your treating doctor. Hope this is helpful. Thanks for using Healthtap and hope your bronchitis is better soon. Dr R.
See below. Acute bronchitis is most often a viral disease and is part of a common cold. As such it doesn't require any medication. Antibiotics are not helpful as they are only effective against bacterial infections. Cough medication is generally ineffective.