Are early cystic changes on navicular bone many months post injury a sign of avascular necrosis?

Cysts in bone. Cystic changes or erosions in bone post trauma can indicate that the bone matrix was disrupted from the injury and cystic changes have resulted. It does not mean that you have avascular necrosis, but it can mean that there are changes in the trabecular patterns of the bone due to the trauma. Bone injuries can cause many different bone patterns to occur as a result of the bone trying to heal itsel.