I'm 16 and 6 foot 2 and I have never hit a rapid growth spurt do you think I'll hit a rapid growth spurt in 6th grade I was 5ft 6 7th grade I was 5ft 8 the grade I was 5ft11 now I'm 6ft 2?

Dr. Christine Hom

In brief: Did already.

I would say with confidence that you have had your rapid growth spurt.
If you are concerned about growing another 3-6 inches, it is unlikely. Most kids stop growing taller in their late teens. But you have the potential to grow taller until the ends of your bones become permanently solid.

In brief: Did already.

Dr. Christine Hom
Dr. Christine Hom

In brief: STEADY VS SPURT

Growth follows a pattern set forth in your genetic makeup.
It can be steady year over year or dramatic and people don't feel different during a growth phase.Most males stop growing at 16-17.An x-ray of your wrist and hand could be assessed to see if you are near the end or have more to come.

In brief: STEADY VS SPURT

Dr. Cindy Juster