Can I use Ephedrine (ephedrine (ephedrine sulfate) sulfate) to improve my alertness on extremely busier days? If ephedrine (ephedrine sulfate) is a stimulant, what is the safest dose to take it and reduce sleepiness at day time?

Ehedrine. Recommend you check the Rand Report at You may have been much younger when it was pulled off the market for a period of time, but I personally knew a young man , 25, military and no heart disease history, training on a hot day and died of a heart attack, that was linked to his use of ephedrine (ephedrine sulfate) years before. He had not taken for 5+year.
Not safe. It is inappropriate to take ephedrine (ephedrine sulfate) as a pick me up, as it can have harmful effects on your blood pressure and it accelerates your heart rate which can be dangerous. Instead have a cup of coffee but too much caffeine is also unhealthy potentially affecting the blood pressure and heart rhythm as well.