Related Questions

I have had a hernia operation but since then I have experienced pain in my side and testicle even after bowel movements what can I do?

Be reevaluated. Pain after hernia operation can be frustrating as well as debilitating. 1st be reevaluated by the surgeon to make sure hernia has not recurred. There are multiple options for working this up and adressing the pain including reoperation, removal of mesh or lysis of the affected nerves.

Right testicle ache when constipated. But soft stools. Lower back ache when sitting cross legged. No distinguishable lumps on testicle. Hernia?

No way to tell. A hernia is associated with a bulge, and sometimes pain in the same area. Your symptoms aren't suggestive of a hernia, but the only way to say for sure would be to see a doctor.

Left testicle ache, on and off daily, somewhat correlated with cremaster reflex like bowel movement or erection, sometimes sitting, I'm 34.?

Doctor can evaluate. Testicles should not ache for no reason, so a primary care doctor can check, and refer to a urologist and send for a testicular ultrasound scan if needed. Testicle area aches and pains can be due to too much motion during sports (lack of a jock strap), an inguinal hernia, prolonged erections, trauma (getting hit/kicked), torsion (an emergency), certain infections, testicular cancer, etc...

My left testicle is swollen with a dull ache now and then. Can feel no lumps. My dad has had a hernia before. Could this b the start of a hernia?

Swollen testicle. If your testicle is swollen because of a hernia, it would not be the start of a hernia. Before a hernia reaches the testicle, it would have to travel through the groin canal to get there. Usually, men are aware of that well before it reaches down to the testicle. I believe, you will need to see doc to have him look at your testicle.

For about 7 months, I have had an aching feeling in my testicles, lower back and groin/lower abdomen that comes and goes. Surgeon said it was not a hernia and suggested a strain. It's not painful.

GET ULTRASOUND. It could be the result of a varicocele or cyst. Get an ultrasound to check for any enlargements or growths. Get a serum blood test for HCG level to rule out seminoma, a type of testicular tumor. Also, get a blood test for complete blood count to check white blood cells and rule out subclinical infection. In addition, get a c-reactive protein (CRP) as this is a marker for general inflammation.
Maybe kidney stone. Your description is classic for a kidney stone that is small or has not yet passed. The testicle will begin to ache and this can go on for some time. Also, you can have lower back and abdomen and groin pain, sometimes along the inner thigh. You should have your urine tested for microscopic blood which would support this diagnosis. Otherwise, there are lots of options-epididymitis, std, cancer.

34 year old male. I have dull ache in testicles worse when I sit. Have a pain in the lower abdomen and inside leg. 5 years ago had ingrunal hernia rep?

Maybe related. Tough to say if the two are related, but its possible. I think you would benefit from an evaluation by a hernia specialist, or a plastic surgeon with interest and expertise in peripheral nerve problems. You could check the americas hernia society or european hernia society website to help find a hernia specialist close to you.