I have small red dots on the tip of my tongue the are sore and I dip?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: See a Pro

Tobacco (smoked, dipped, chewed, inhaled or not) causes Cancer.
Quit now. If you can go 2 full weeks without tobacco use and the red spots disappear, you're probably OK. If red spots persist, see an Oral Surgeon immediately. This all hinges on your quitting tobacco use immediately, fully, completely.

In brief: See a Pro

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman

In brief: Needs evaluation

How long have the lesions been there? Anything that lasts more than two weeks should be evaluated.
The sooner you stop dipping the less chance of oral cancer. Not worth the risk.

In brief: Needs evaluation

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See any dentist ASAP

A red spotted tongue is nothing anyone wants to have especially due to the dip.
See any dentist for evaluation, cancer screening and tests.

In brief: See any dentist ASAP

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. John DeWolf
Dentistry

In brief: STOP the dip

Redness often indicates inflammation and given the contents of snuff (formaldehyde, cyanide, lead, arsenic, benzene.
. you get the idea) it is important to realize this is a habit that needs to be stopped. If you stop early enough, the damage is likely reversible but if you continue, cancer of the mouth is a real risk.

In brief: STOP the dip

Dr. John DeWolf
Dr. John DeWolf