I'm online now. Type your question here. I AM RIGHT-HANDED. THE VEIN THAT RUNS FROM THE HAND IS SWOLLEN & SLIGHTLY PAINFUL TO THE TOUCH. IT GOES HALFWAY UP MY ARM. MY DR. TOLD ME TO CONTINUE TO WEAR A SPLINT. WHEN MY THUMB & WRIST GET INTO A CERTAIN P

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Swollen vein

Can be thrombosis a clot or an infection or just Normal anatomy but if pain persist and does not respond to conservative Treatment there may be other conditions that exist below the vein or You may need to change The level of care you are getting

In brief: Swollen vein

Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Not complete.

Try to use fewer words and ask your question.

In brief: Not complete.

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Possible phlebitis

It could be a phlebitis, which is an inflammation of a vein often associated with a clot.
You can also get a condition in which you can get an infected phlebitis as well. Certainly would need to be followed closely by your doctor until resolution. There are many other potential causes as well.

In brief: Possible phlebitis

Dr. Jack Hinkle