My eyelashes have fallen out in a small patch on one eye. It has been a couple of weeks and they don't seem to be growing back! what should I do?

Dr. Benjamin Chun
Ophthalmology
In brief: Eye exam
I would allow more time to grow than two weeks first of all, before you start worrying.
Secondly, its important to get an eye exam, because, not to scare you, but there are certain cancerous lesions that can cause your eyelashes to fall out, especially if you're light skinned, and older than 40yo, and a long history of sun exposure. Go see your eyemd ;-).

In brief: Eye exam
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Ophthalmology
In brief: Eyelashes
If there is a growth w it, this could be due to a cancerous lesion.
If your lids are red and scaly there may be an infection, especially staph blepharitis.

In brief: Eyelashes
Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology
In brief: EYELASHES FALLING
This could be due to many things.
There is a condition known as alopecia areata that can affect eyelashes as well as other hairy areas. It could also be a result of unconsciously pulling them out. This is known as trichotillomania. A dermatologist is your bet bet to see for this.

In brief: EYELASHES FALLING
This could be due to many things.
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt