My mom has a ball well it feels like a ball in her chest. I felt it and she said it is very painful.. What could it be?

In brief: Must check the heart

A person with chest pain or similar symptoms usually has to go to her doctor (or the E.
R.) to be checked right away for a heart attack. That means not waiting at home to see if it turns into a bad heart attack. As the saying goes, "better safe than sorry". There are other causes of pain, especially if the pain is more generalized in the body... but worry about that after verifying a good heart.

In brief: Must check the heart

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine