4 doctors weighed in:

Was gargling with 3% hydrogen peroxide for a cut in my gums and swallowed a little. is this dangerous?

4 doctors weighed in
2 doctors agree

In brief: Not particularly

As long as it was just a little.
Hydrogen peroxide is water (H2O) with an extra oxygen atom added (H2O2) so its not like you've ingested poison.

In brief: Not particularly

As long as it was just a little.
Hydrogen peroxide is water (H2O) with an extra oxygen atom added (H2O2) so its not like you've ingested poison.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Thank
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: FDA approved 1%-3%

It has a long proven time tested fact thing that hydrogen peroxide 3% can be safely used as a mouthwash.

In brief: FDA approved 1%-3%

It has a long proven time tested fact thing that hydrogen peroxide 3% can be safely used as a mouthwash.
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Christopher Crosby
Board Certified, Dermatology
12 years in practice
93K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors