I broke my ankle 8. Days ago now top of foot bruised n swelling n hurts to touch right by my toes could i have broken more n xrays missed it?

Dr. David Kahan
Podiatry

In brief: Broken ankle or foot

Depending on the severity of your ankle fracture and the mechanism of the injury (ie.
how it happened) you could have swelling and bruising to the toes. Did you only have ankle x-rays? If so you might need foot x-rays also. Go back to the doctor you saw and get more information. If you went to the ER, then you might need the x-rays to take to your personal doctor.

In brief: Broken ankle or foot

Dr. David Kahan
Dr. David Kahan
Dr. Kevin Strohmeyer
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Yes-good question

You might have additional injuries or related condtions involving your foot or toes.
The symptoms may also be simply related to swelling which frequently occurs after a broken ankle. I would recommend you elevate your leg and follow-up as soon as possible with an Orthopaedic Surgeon to see if you need any further x-rays or evaluation

In brief: Yes-good question

Dr. Kevin Strohmeyer
Dr. Kevin Strohmeyer
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Possible, But.

Of course, anything is possible.
More than likely though, the ankle x-rays included the foot. To make sure, you might call the doctor and give him(her) the details. Depending on the type of fracture care you are being treated with, it maybe already be appropriate for the treatment your newly developed symptoms.

In brief: Possible, But.

Of course, anything is possible.
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Kevin Strohmeyer
Ankle x-rays do not routinely include formal and proper views of the foot. While swelling and pain of the foot is very common after ankle fractures. In some instances patients may also sustain sprains, fractures, dislocations of the toes which may not be recognized on initial films. In very rare instances pain in the foot may be related to other more serious conditions
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine