Hi, t3 (liothyronine) uptake: 32, t4 free 1.35, t4 11.8, FTI 3.8, TSH 2.050, im taking .50 mcg levothyroxine..hows my thyroid, gain 40 pounds last few years?

Dr. Paul Kaplowitz
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: Not your thyroid

I can't say if you needed to be started on T4 without seeing your test results before treatment but your current tests show normal thyroid levels on your current dose.
It is rare for an underactive thyroid to case weight gain and when it does, the thyroid is severely underactive and weight gain is no more than 5-10 lb. So your 40 lb weight gain is likely due to lifestyle not hormonal issues

In brief: Not your thyroid

Dr. Paul Kaplowitz
Dr. Paul Kaplowitz
Dr. Keegan Duchicela