Why do I get a canker sore when I do "oil pulling" with Coconut Oil? I heard Coconut is supposed to help canker sores not cause them.

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Canker sores

are the most common oral lesions.
Individual ulcers typically last 1-2 weeks. The condition is idiopathic (cause is not known) recurrent aphthous ulcers is usually self-limiting. Try to keep adequate oral hygiene as possible. If concerned see your dentist after 10 days or visit today for laser immediate amelioration.

In brief: Canker sores

are the most common oral lesions.
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Wound care

In brief: Scam?

Maybe you're being scammed ? In science if something has the opposite effect of what it claims we would reject it as ineffective.
? Alternative medicine doesn't seem to have the same standard Maybe you should stop doing it if it doesn't have the results you were hoping for.

In brief: Scam?

Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Erik Borncamp

In brief: Oil Pulling

What you've read and the reality of oil pulling are totally different.

In brief: Oil Pulling

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Allergice

Coconut oil should not cause canker sores.
perhaps you are allergic to something in the coconut oil.

In brief: Allergice

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia