Hi I have just been told by my gp that I have a kidney stone what happens when I see the urologist?

Depends on size, location, kidney function, and chemical make up of your stones. If it is small, non-obstructing, causing no symptoms, not uric acid, and your kidney function is normal, probably not a whole lot needs to be done.
Lithotripsy . Depending on the size of your stone, you will likely need lithotripsy (ESWL or extra corporeal shockwave lithotripsy). Usually a 5-9 mm stones are straightforward. Larger stone 10-15 mm may require a stent. Grater than 20 mm stone may require a mor invasive procedure called PCNL or Percutaneous Nephrolithotripsy)