36 weeks pregnant. Experiencing a burning sensation on the left side of my ribcage. Can be pretty painful at times. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Kerri Parks
In brief: Probably not
It is very common to get a deep internal pain in the ribcage.
If the pain is on the left it's even less concerning because in general there aren't a lot of severe conditions that cause "left upper quadrant pain." it's basically from stretching of the ribs and the peritoneum, or internal sac that contains your uterus and intestines. Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about that pain!

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Kerri Parks
Dr. Kerri Parks
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology