I was ruff housing in the pool and now the side of my big toe is red and hurts to touch and it's sensitive to hot water what should I do I don't know if I could of hit it on something or what?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Infection vs injury

Impossible to tell whether you developed an infection or injured yourself w/o more detail.
Any nicks, scratches or cuts that could serve as source of infection? Given the adrenaline rushing during rough housing, it's also possible you injured yourself w/o knowing so. We recommend warm compresses for infection & ice for acute injuries so you're 50:50. If no better in a few days, go see ur FamilyDoc

In brief: Infection vs injury

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Marsha Davis