Why recommended to wait 2 yrs between pregnancies? What are risk of waiting one year? Had c-section last june, want to get pregnant in 2-3 months.

Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Go for it!

At age 37 your ovulatory frequency is rapidly diminishing.
We usually say 2 years to allow for the body to recover all nutrients to have another healthy child. Moreover, as any mother can tell you, chasing behind preschool children only 1 year apart is not easy and wears on caregivers(moms usually).

In brief: Go for it!

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Timothy Brown

In brief: No definite rule

There is no generally accepted guideline for this.
Certainly pregnancy is a big drain on your system and you want to be as fully recovered as possible. On the other hand, fertility steadily decreases as you get older. I think your plan is quite reasonable.

In brief: No definite rule

Dr. Timothy Brown
Dr. Timothy Brown
Dr. Adam Levy