I am taking Balzina for the birth control and cefuroxime for acne, do you think the acne medication will affect the blazina?

Dr. James Rochester

In brief: Should not

theoretically there is a concern of antibiotics effecting the effectiveness of birth control pills.
However, several large studies have not found this issue except with rifampin. I would discuss the issue with your treating doctor. They may recommend a barrier method of birth control until you have finished your anabiotic. If your anabiotic is for chronic use, please speak with your doctor. Dr. R

In brief: Should not

Dr. James Rochester
Dr. James Rochester
Dr. Adam Levy