I injured my toe and it won't heal. But it is not ingrown I don't think. I'm not sure what to do or if it will heal on its own. I'd like to send pics ?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Feeling Lucky?

There are just a few injuries involving the toes that might be confused with an ingrown toenail.
In those circumstances the toe generally heals on it's own. This is based, of course, on the premise that you do not have some underlying medical condition that would impede you healing capability. Using the RICE principle will more than likely be just fine. If you do not feel comfortable, see a doc.

In brief: Feeling Lucky?

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Bradford Romans

In brief: "Buddy" tape your

injured toe to its neighbor.If it's not sore near either side of the end of the nail,it's probably not an ingrown toenail.
Also,we know what started the injury...it was the physical trauma.If the alignment is straight,and it's pointing in the right direction,and your able to bend it a little,then it's unlikely dislocated.Even an aligned fracture will heal with buddy taping.Send pics.

In brief: "Buddy" tape your

Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Keegan Duchicela