After a heart cath I was told by the Dr. that I don't have blockages. But the discharge diagnosis was CAD with unstable angina. Can that be right?

Dr. Julian Raffoul
General Practice

In brief: Correct

Unstable angina is an acute coronary syndrome defined by the absence of myocardial damage.
Coronary artery disease is usually present, but blockages do NOT have to exist. An EKG typically shows ST segment depression and T-wave inversion, but may also be normal. Long-term mgmt incl. reduction of risk factors via diet, lifestyle, and medication. If confused about your diagnosis, talk to your doctor.

In brief: Correct

Dr. Julian Raffoul
Dr. Julian Raffoul
Dr. Umesh Patel