Can the build up of a storm and pressure cause dizziness and pressure in your head? I have uncompensated labyrinthitis and there's a big storm brewing

Dr. Harold Fields

In brief: Labyrinth it's

I would suggest you remain indoors if this type of storm is approaching it certainly could cause you to have increasing problems with your labyrinthitis

In brief: Labyrinth it's

Dr. Harold Fields
Dr. Harold Fields
Dr. Zachary Veres

In brief: Labrynthitis

absolutely, Pressure changes from weather can aggravate labrynthitis

In brief: Labrynthitis

Dr. Zachary Veres
Dr. Zachary Veres
Dr. Susan Arnoult

In brief: Yes it can

If you have some abnormality of how your eustachian tube works then the changes in barometric pressure (atmospheric pressure) can affect the pressure in your ears and if that is abnormal it can affect the balance.

In brief: Yes it can

Dr. Susan Arnoult
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine