I keep catching myself resting my tongue between my teeth and it leaves and imprint on my tongue. Is this bad?

Dr. Justin Nelson
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: No

Not a true issues unless you start play or pushing on your teeth till it starts to traumatize the teeth (been there done that).

In brief: No

Dr. Justin Nelson
Dr. Justin Nelson
Dr. Joseph De Santi

In brief: Tongue Impressions

Chronic biting of the tongue can lead to hypertrophy or thickening of the injured tissue.
While unsightly, it is not an issue and will resolve with time once the biting ceases. In rare cases a keloid can form, which is scar tissue that continues to grow on its own. This can become problematic and require surgical intervention or steroids locally. Avoid this nervous habit if possible.

In brief: Tongue Impressions

Dr. Joseph De Santi
Dr. Joseph De Santi
Dr. Vicken Poochikian