Hello. Tubes are tied. Had a very abnormal and intense period last week. Lasted six days. Four days later started spotting brownish discharge with severe cramping and lower back pain. Four days in at this point. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Th

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams

In brief: Tubal ligation...

...has little to no affect on reproductive hormones.
Severe cramping and back pain with irregular bleeding is a concern in any case. My advice is to see a doctor. If your tubal ligation was recent, it may be a complication of the procedure. You may have a pelvic infection. If you've been having sexual intercourse, an ectopic (tubal proegnancy ) is a remote possibility. Please don't delay!

In brief: Tubal ligation...

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Jane Van Dis