What type of allergies can the medication Singular help with?

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Nose and chest

Dr Fisher has given a good description on its action.
In addition to asthma, Singulair (montelukast) may also be effective for allergic rhinitis. In my experience, it is effective in about 50% of the people. Singulair (montelukast) is not as effective as inhaled steroid but may be uniquely effective about 25% of the time.

In brief: Nose and chest

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: Leukotrienes

Montelukast (Singulair) is a specific blocker of leukotrienes which are inflammatory molecules formed by eosinophils and mast cells which are cells involved in allergic response.
Response to montelukast is variable but may be very helpful in those with asthma.

In brief: Leukotrienes

Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. William Forsythe