What should I do about my right ankle it is swollen and hurts badly to put pressure on the right ankle.

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: RICE it.

The swelling and pain you are having should tell you that your ankle is sick.
You must rest, elevate and apply ice compression to your ankle. Use crutches if you are able. Make an appointment to see your family doctor or go directly to a specialist.

In brief: RICE it.

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: See doc.

If you have not had any significant trauma to your ankle you should see someone.
The list of things that can do this is long and includes some things that need treatment sooner rather than later.

In brief: See doc.

Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. MARTIN Girling
Wound care

In brief: Sprain?

Why is it swollen? Trauma sprain injury? Both ankles, or just the right (could be venous) I suggest NO warm water soaks like momma said.
I've for first 3-7 days then contrast baths. Ice water soaks for one min followed by warm water soaks for 3 min back to Ice one min repeat for 20 min three times a day.

In brief: Sprain?

Dr. MARTIN Girling
Dr. MARTIN Girling
Dr. Andrea Brand