Slammed pinkie in car door yesterday. I can bend my finger, but it's pink and bruised on the bottom and my fingernail has a dark purple splotch.isok??

Dr. Steven Brown
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Nailbed injury

The purple discoloration under your nail indicates bleeding from the nailbed with an associated nailbed injury.
Will usually heal on its own with nail acting as a splint. If painful create a hole in the nail over the blood with flame heated paperclip to decompress.

In brief: Nailbed injury

Dr. Steven Brown
Dr. Steven Brown
Dr. Anne Carrol

In brief: Ouch!

You may have what's called a tuff fracture on the end of the finger. We really don't do much for that,but if it isn't improving over the next few days or it starts to swell or become warm..
..see you physician.

In brief: Ouch!

..see you physician.
Dr. Anne Carrol
Dr. Anne Carrol