I have constant pressure on the side of my neck. Also tension on the back of my head with dizziness. The pain has been there for months now the dizziness started within the week.

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Neck distress

Muscle tension in the neck or back of the scalp can be caused by chronic stress or a strain.
Dizziness in the form of lightheadedness may be related or could be due to other factors such as inner ear disorder,low blood pressure,anemia,etc. See your physician for an examination and perhaps a referral for stress management therapy will be made after his/her assessment rules out other problems.

In brief: Neck distress

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine