I had taken the provera (medroxyprogesterone) pill to jump start my cycle-only have had 1 (in June) but have not had another (it's July)....is there a reason why? We are really trying for another baby.

Dr. Mary David

In brief: Provera (medroxyprogesterone)

Provera (medroxyprogesterone) only works in the cycle in which it is taken.
It is unclear how you are taking it. The more important question is why you aren't having periods. It is possible that you haven't had a period because you are pregnant. Do a pregnancy test and repeat it in 3-5 days if it is negative to know for sure.Provera (medroxyprogesterone) doesn't address the cause of skipping periods and that needs to be addressed if u r TTC

In brief: Provera (medroxyprogesterone)

Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Adam Levy