I don't know if it is a allergic reaction to the sun or my sunscreen but every time I go out for a long time in the sun I get scratchy bumps that sting a lot and I usually have to stay the rest or the day in my bed?

Dr. Al Hegab
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: ? solar urticaria

Yes, there is such thing, allergy to sun rays, you may want to avoid sun exposure from 10 am -4 pm, limit exposure if you have to, use heavy sun screen UPF > 50, that if u have to stay outdoors, also 2nd generation OTC antihistamines taken regularly, will help, you need evaluation hy an allergist/dermatologist as other treatment modalities with correct diagnosis, like phototherapy, are available,

In brief: ? solar urticaria

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab