July 4th I was throwing up and had diarrhea lasted about 8 hours. I'm still feeling nauseous and still have diarrhea. Blood work was good except low sodium and potassium. Any idea what this could be??

Dr. Atul Singh
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Diarrhea

The cause of your diarrhea needs to be worked up.
Stool studies with a good history and physical should provide the clue. The low sodium is due to ongoing losses and increased fluid intake and low potassium is due to diarrheal losses. These labs are the sequalea of the diarrhea and not helpful in diagnosis. Talk to your MD, based in sodium values labs need to be checked and intervention done.

In brief: Diarrhea

Dr. Atul Singh
Dr. Atul Singh
Dr. Marsha Davis